Friday, October 26, 2007

Inner Work Is An Essential Prerequisite For Business Success

If you look at most successful business owners, the one thing they have in common is that they,ve done a lot of self-development work and are not likely to ever stop doing so. Developing a certain degree of control over their own thoughts, emotions, and actions, and gradually turning their weaknesses into strengths.

One of my own weaknesses from a marketing point of view is that all the inner work I've done so far, starting in childhood has changed my perceptions of life so drastically that it can be difficult for me to relate to what the majority of people believe in, want, and aspire to. To find new strength in this area, I've taken up the study of persuasion.

The first thing I did was to read the book Influence: The Psychology Of Persuasion, by Professor Robert Cialdini. This proved an excellent introduction to the topic and I heartily recommend it to everyone. In fact, I found the contents of this book to be so important that I started a separate blog to report on my persuasion studies. You might want to check it out right now, because I just discovered a new resource that will likely propel my learning forward at a rate I never could have anticipated... You can read about it at www.influence.newmilenniumentrepreneurs.com.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home